Drain Drain

This was cool and all, but all I saw was s clip of water flowing back and forth and then a shower thing at the end. The audio was very good, but the movie was kinda pointless in my opinion, as nothing really happend in it. It sounds like just what you said. The moview exists only for the song, which is pretty clear to see. I wish there was put more thought in the video itself, because right noow it seems like it's only there to promote the audio.
Thus I must give you two stars.

{Review Request Club}

Gergaloth responds:

Better than 0
I appreciate it
We might be too artsy but fuck it, right?

StrawberryClock: Origins StrawberryClock: Origins

Very good trailer XD. It had a lot of good ideas in it, and inside jokes that made me giggle XD.
The animation was very funny XD. More funny than good, but it was pretty smooth anyway. I loved the images like the, "Strawberryclock is yet to contribute to the site", and the anime girls that popped out when the narrator said "get all the women" X3.

Talking about the narrating, I loved it :D. I know that it obviously wasn't originally for this as you clipped away certain parts and replaced it with a voice synthesizer. That was actually pretty funny XD.

I would love to see this as a real movie actually :3. It would be epic, and I think it would easily rock clock day 2015 X3. So what about it?, you planning on making it a full movie for the next clockday :).

Anyways, great, and funny trailer XD. The animation wasn't perfect, and I wished you had used a proper voice actor so that you didn't have to cut away certain bits and replace it with voice synthesizer. I don't know if that was a part of the joke or not though. Was still pretty funny X3.

"Religion." "Religion."

This was pretty nice :). Felt like the story was a bit confusing at the beginning, but later on i understood it :D. The animation is really smooth and the music was awesome :D. Great work.
Good luck in NATA ;).

Gavino responds:

Thanks man, i worked really hard on it so im glad some people like it.

15Min Max 15Min Max

Really original and good concept. I like it :).
5 stars

duckbridge responds:

Thanks! :)

Missile Walker Missile Walker

Very interesting game. Reminds me of a typical arcade game i would play on the web as a kid :). The difficult controls gives it a personality and distinguises it from other platformers. I think a good challenge is an important part of making a platformer. I'll give you +0.5 stars for nostalgia :3

Dungeon Deadline Dungeon Deadline

I don't get why people says this is stolen. RotMG took their sprites from a free sprite back by oryx. Maybe it's a good idea to read at least the first sentence in the description before reviewing the game :P.

Jungle Tussle Jungle Tussle

I really dig the feel you got going for this. The sounds are all soothing to listen to and they are all mixed well together. The problem I have with it however is that while it is a cool and nice beat, the entire track is just a beat. There are no chords, bass or dynamics, so I can't help but feel like it's lacking. It's a bit complicated to explain this so I'll split it into parts.

Dynamics:
First of all dynamics. As your track is right now dynamics are a non-existent factor. To make a track sound like a full song you need to have parts thate are more or less energetic than others. At one part you could have more powerful drums while at another part your track ould have a more mellow feel. The important thing is that you can't let the listener get bored of your track, you need to build up and calm down your track at different points in order to keep the interest up. That leads into the next thing.

Variation:
I usually tend to use to words when describing lack of variation in music. One is "repetitive" and the other is "samey". By saying a track is "repetetive" I mean that the track is repeating itself in terms of melody, arrangement or percussion. You do have a lot of melodic variation in your track, and you do switch up your percussion a lot, which you've done in an attempt at making the track less repetetive. The problem however is that a track can still lack variation even though it's not reptetive, and that's if it's "samey". By "samey" I mean that the general feel of the track lacks variation. The intensity, the sound levels and the dynamics of the track are completely stagnant. You need to switch it up a bit, or the listener will get bored after a while.

Depth:
One thing I quickly noticed in your track is that it really lacks depth. There are only two different instruments + the percussion. It's not that minimalistic music is bad, but you still need to have more layers to your music. Personally I'm a fan of using chords in music because I feel like a track is lacking if there are no chords present. However I know that there are other ways to add depth to your tracks like having more complicated percussion, great basslines, sound effects etc. The bottom line is that you need to add more layers to your music or else it just sounds a beat loop.

Melody:
I think you have a lot of interesting melodies in this one, but I also think there is too much melodic variation. Earlier I mentioned that your track isn't repetetive because you melody has a lot of variation, but this isn't always a good thing. When people listen to a track like this they will remember it by the melody. However when you switch up the melody this much, there really is nothing there for the listener to remember. Instead of varying your melodies so much, try making one good main melody which you come back to several times. You can parts where you vary it in between, but the important part is that you at some point come back to your melody. This is what we call a "main theme2, it's what your track will be defined and remembered by and is really important or else the track will quickly become forgettable.

Points of improvement:
I think the best thing you can do to improve is to listen to other artists that use a lot of dynamics in their track and hear how they switch up the energy level of the track in order to keep up the interest. For this kind of musical style Envy.newgrounds.com is a great example and also johnfn.
Also be careful of varying your melodies too much. There are thousands of tutorials out there about melody making.
Last, but not least, always try to improve your music for every track you make. Always think about what you can do better. All your tracks that I've listened to seem to have a lot of unrealized potential. Just keep at it, ask for feedback from other people, and keep on improving :).

- Ectisity
RRC

Deep sea and Young fish Deep sea and Young fish

Holy... This is actually beautiful. It portrays such a deep story accompanied with beatufiul sounds and wonderful composition. I would love to see you add some more orchestral instruments around this.
Please do Old Fish

[COVER] Les Cloches de... l'Ascenseur ? [COVER] Les Cloches de... l'Ascenseur ?

I love this! Les Cloches Du Monestere is one of my favourie piano pieces, and I love what you did with it :).

Troisnyx responds:

I actually don't quite like what I did with it. :O I feel that I've desecrated it somehow. But, glad you do like it.

8-bit Heavy TF2 8-bit Heavy TF2

looks pretty cool and simple, which I'm always a fan of :).

MistaLOD responds:

Thanks! I can't do too much detail (at all (I suck at drawing (unless it's pixel art))) so that explains the simpleness. It gives me some style, though, so...

(I have no idea what to put for the rest)

The Grim Reaper The Grim Reaper

I've always tended to have a weakness for artwork done with graphic pencils, so I actually really like this :). It's pretty cool how much you were able to do with such a limited amount of colours, and I also really like the shading on this :).
You should really keep it up with our art ;).

enochcity enochcity

This looks epic :D!. Thx man :D! I'll use it on my profile ;).

Solwings responds: